You can find occupations in a few different ways:
Search by occupational title
- In the search box at the top of the page, choose the Occupation tab.
- Type the search term (for example, "engineer").
- Click Search.
- Use the alphabetical listing above the search results. Click on the letter that the occupational title begins with.
- Scroll down to find the one you are looking for.
Search using the left-hand menu
Emerging Occupations - lists new occupations that may evolve from existing occupations or may emerge in response to consumer needs or technological advances
New/Updated Occupations - lists profiles that were added or updated in the past 12 months
Easy Reading Profiles - lists profiles that include easy ready (low-literacy) versions
Apprenticeship - lists trades-oriented occupations that include apprenticeship training
Posters: High School - lets you select the subjects that interest you and create a poster of related occupations
Posters: Post-Secondary - lets you select the fields of study that interest you and create a poster of related occupations
Reports - lists occupations by title, industry, NOC code, interest code, production date and more
Filter results by high school subject, field of study, industry, employment outlook, education level, salary range and more:
- In the Search Filters on the right-side of the page, click on a filter heading
- Check off the filters that interest you. Your results will be update automatically.
- Selecting multiple filters under one heading will add to your results. Profiles that contain either one or the other of the filters you selected will display.
- Selecting filters under different headings will decrease your results. Only profiles that relate to both those headings and filters will display.
Filter by National Occupational Classification (NOC) code:
- In the Search Filters list on the right side of the page, click NOC code
- Type a full or partial NOC code in the box.
- Click Go.