Certification Requirements are designed to answer common questions and provide up-to-date information about certification and registration requirements in regulated occupations in Alberta. The Frequently Asked Questions provide answers about what regulated occupations are and other common questions.
Certification Profiles generally include the following information:
- typical duties and responsibilities, and where you can find more detailed information about the occupation
- the titles of relevant legislation/regulations and the relevant professional regulatory organization
- basic education, experience and examination requirements for certification or registration
- information about mobility between provinces
- contact information for the professional regulatory organization.
Each Certification Profile includes the date on which it was produced. Requirements may change between updates. Before making any career decisions, please obtain detailed, official information about registration and certification requirements from the appropriate professional regulatory organization.
For more information on career planning, education and jobs, visit the Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS) website, call the Alberta Career Information Hotline toll-free at 1-800-661-3753 or 780-422-4266 in Edmonton, or visit an Alberta Works Centre near you.